Sony says PS4 global sales exceed 2.1 million units
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp(6758.T) said on Tuesday that global sales of its PlayStation 4 game console exceeded 2.1 million units as of December 1.
The number included the 700,000 units sold through in Europe and Australasia launching on November 29, Sony said in a statement.
Sony launched the PS4 in the United States and Canada in mid-November, a week before Microsoft's (MSFT.O) Xbox One console hit stores, marketing the device aggressively in an advertising blitz that the company believes will pay off during the year-end holiday season. (Reporting by Sophie Knight; Writing by Shinichi Saoshiro; Editing by Dominic Lau)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Malaysia Airlines says "fearing the worst" for missing jet
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- Malaysia probing two more passengers on missing flight - source
A Japanese American man thought to be the reclusive multi-millionaire father of Bitcoin emerged from a modest Southern California home and denied involvement with the digital currency before leading reporters on a freeway car chase to the local headquarters of the Associated Press. Full Article