Power Grid $1.1 billion share sale fully covered
MUMBAI (Reuters) - A $1.1 billion share sale in state-run Power Grid Corp of India (PGRD.NS) was fully covered on Wednesday, the second day of the offering, provisional data from the stock exchanges showed.
By 3:24 p.m., the share sale had received bids for 788.5 million shares, most of them from local funds and foreign institutional investors.
Details of the price of bids was not immediately available. The company has set a price band of 85 rupees to 90 rupees per share for the offer, with a discount of 4.5 rupees for retail bidders and employees.
The 787.05 million share follow-on offering comprises of a 4 percent stake sale by the government, and fresh issue of 601.9 million shares by the company to raise funds for capital expenditure on transmission projects.
The issue closes on Thursday for institutional buyers and on Friday for other investors.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-S.Korean prosecutors raid family home of ill-fated ferry's owner
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
- Gold hovers near 2-1/2 month lows
- UPDATE 5-Missouri executes convicted killer in 1993 cattle-stealing plot
- China shares down, Aussie drops after inflation data
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read