NTPC, Tata Power fall on draft guidelines for sector
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of electric utilities drop after the power regulator tightened certain rules for tariffs and operations for the sector in its draft 2014-19 guidelines.
The guidelines were posted on the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) website late on Monday.
NTPC (NTPC.NS) slumps 11.34 percent, Power Grid Corp of India (PGRD.NS) falls 2.9 percent, while Tata Power (TTPW.NS) declines 1.5 percent.
Analysts say the guidelines tightened some operational parameters, reducing the use of financial incentives for achieving transmission and generation targets.
The guidelines also propose that some of the savings from fuel costs be partially passed on to consumers.
Analysts warn the proposals could hit returns for the companies. The rules need to be finalised by March.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane - Vietnam official
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
PLANE LOSES CONTACT
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, prompting China to send ships to scour the water for possible wreckage. Full Article | Video