United Spirits falls after court annuls Diageo deal
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in United Spirits Ltd(UNSP.NS) closed 3.6 percent lower after a court ordered the annulment of the sale of the Indian spirits maker to British group Diageo(DGE.L).
Karnataka High Court ordered the cancellation of the sale on Friday in response to a petition by creditors of United Breweries Holdings Ltd (UBHL.NS), which sold its stake in United Spirits to the British firm through a complicated share transaction.
United Breweries Holdings ended up 1 percent.
(Reporting by Himank Sharma; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- EXCLUSIVE - Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Afghanistan's powerful Vice President Fahim dies
- India set to challenge U.S. for election-spending record
- Interpol probes more suspect passports from missing flight
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Article | Exclusive