United Spirits falls after court annuls Diageo deal
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in United Spirits Ltd(UNSP.NS) closed 3.6 percent lower after a court ordered the annulment of the sale of the Indian spirits maker to British group Diageo(DGE.L).
Karnataka High Court ordered the cancellation of the sale on Friday in response to a petition by creditors of United Breweries Holdings Ltd (UBHL.NS), which sold its stake in United Spirits to the British firm through a complicated share transaction.
United Breweries Holdings ended up 1 percent.
(Reporting by Himank Sharma; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Miss America defends student suspended for asking her to prom
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video