Co-founder Lazaridis cuts stake in BlackBerry
REUTERS - BlackBerry Ltd (BB.TO) (BBRY.O) co-founder Mike Lazaridis cut his stake in the company to 4.99 percent from 8 percent, and said that a group, which included Lazaridis, walked away from exploring a bid for the troubled smartphone maker. (link.reuters.com/sup65v)
Co-founders Lazaridis and Douglas Fregin in October disclosed in a regulatory filing they were considering a bid to buy the company.
BlackBerry abandoned its plan to sell itself last month after a two-month review of strategic options and talks with potential buyers that included Facebook (FB.O), Lenovo (0992.HK) and private equity firms such as Cerberus Capital. (Reporting By Narottam Medhora in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Captain of Korean ferry may not have been on bridge
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Ex-Goldman director Gupta starts prison term on June 17
- S.Korea ferry captain rushed back to bridge as ship listed - crewman
- Acid attack survivor wins millions on 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
Weibo Corp executives on Thursday toasted the Chinese social media firm's debut at Nasdaq's New York headquarters. Hours earlier in Beijing, Charles Xue, a Chinese-American venture capitalist and prominent Weibo user, celebrated a different kind of coming-out: his release after eight months in jail. Full Article
Tech workers seek to use Steve Jobs evidence in upcoming trial on no-hire accords Full Article