April-November fiscal deficit at 94 pct of full-year target
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The fiscal deficit touched 5.1 trillion rupees during April-November, or 93.9 percent of the full-year target, government data showed on Tuesday.
Net tax receipts touched 3.96 trillion rupees in the first eight months of the current fiscal year to March 2014, while total expenditure was 10.21 trillion rupees.
In the annual budget presented in February, Finance Minister P. Chidambaram had committed to narrow the fiscal deficit to 4.8 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) this fiscal year from 4.9 percent a year ago.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- More teams withdraw, Nepal's Everest season in jeopardy
- BJP eyes gains in south, east to cut clout of regional queens
- Met office rules out surplus monsoon in 2014
- RPT-Apple resets the clock as investors await next big thing
The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party was set to make gains in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal that began voting on Thursday in the sixth phase of a mammoth general election that could help it build a stable majority in parliament. Read | Full Coverage: Election 2014
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article