Bharti names ex Wal-Mart executive Jain as retail CEO
REUTERS - Bharti Enterprises, which agreed to call off a joint venture with Wal-Mart Stores Inc(WMT.N) in the country last October, named a former executive with the U.S. retailer to head its retail operations.
Raj Jain, who had last year joined the Bharti group as an adviser, was on Friday named chief executive officer of Bharti Retail, effective immediately, the New Delhi-based group said in a statement.
Jain headed Wal-Mart's Indian unit before leaving the company in June last year.
Bharti Retail also named Pankaj Madan as its chief financial officer (CFO). Madan previously worked as CFO of the Bharti-Wal-Mart wholesale joint venture.
Bharti Retail currently operates 212 retail stores in India.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy in New Delhi; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- Hundreds of Iraqi tribesmen opposed to Islamic State found in mass graves
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Sensex, Nifty hit record highs, shrug off Fed's hawkish tone
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article