Bharti names ex Wal-Mart executive Jain as retail CEO
REUTERS - Bharti Enterprises, which agreed to call off a joint venture with Wal-Mart Stores Inc(WMT.N) in the country last October, named a former executive with the U.S. retailer to head its retail operations.
Raj Jain, who had last year joined the Bharti group as an adviser, was on Friday named chief executive officer of Bharti Retail, effective immediately, the New Delhi-based group said in a statement.
Jain headed Wal-Mart's Indian unit before leaving the company in June last year.
Bharti Retail also named Pankaj Madan as its chief financial officer (CFO). Madan previously worked as CFO of the Bharti-Wal-Mart wholesale joint venture.
Bharti Retail currently operates 212 retail stores in India.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy in New Delhi; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- UPDATE 6-Libya threatens to bomb N.Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Michigan woman dead for six years found only after money runs out
- WRAPUP 2-Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article