Bharti names ex Wal-Mart executive Jain as retail CEO
REUTERS - Bharti Enterprises, which agreed to call off a joint venture with Wal-Mart Stores Inc(WMT.N) in the country last October, named a former executive with the U.S. retailer to head its retail operations.
Raj Jain, who had last year joined the Bharti group as an adviser, was on Friday named chief executive officer of Bharti Retail, effective immediately, the New Delhi-based group said in a statement.
Jain headed Wal-Mart's Indian unit before leaving the company in June last year.
Bharti Retail also named Pankaj Madan as its chief financial officer (CFO). Madan previously worked as CFO of the Bharti-Wal-Mart wholesale joint venture.
Bharti Retail currently operates 212 retail stores in India.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy in New Delhi; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-U.S. House passes bill to avert govt shutdown, extend Export-Import bank
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- UPDATE 1-Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21 - report
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- UPDATE 2-Bug delays Apple's HealthKit availability on iOS 8
The United States said on Wednesday it will press Prime Minister Narendra Modi to end his blockage of a global trade pact when he visits Washington this month, something that could dampen the mood of a trip aimed at revitalizing strategic ties. Full Article
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article