Bharti names ex Wal-Mart executive Jain as retail CEO
REUTERS - Bharti Enterprises, which agreed to call off a joint venture with Wal-Mart Stores Inc(WMT.N) in the country last October, named a former executive with the U.S. retailer to head its retail operations.
Raj Jain, who had last year joined the Bharti group as an adviser, was on Friday named chief executive officer of Bharti Retail, effective immediately, the New Delhi-based group said in a statement.
Jain headed Wal-Mart's Indian unit before leaving the company in June last year.
Bharti Retail also named Pankaj Madan as its chief financial officer (CFO). Madan previously worked as CFO of the Bharti-Wal-Mart wholesale joint venture.
Bharti Retail currently operates 212 retail stores in India.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy in New Delhi; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Computer spying malware uncovered with 'stealth' features - Symantec
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
- Pope declares sainthood of two Indians, four Italians
- Iran, powers set to miss nuclear talks deadline, seek extension
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article