Bharti names ex Wal-Mart executive Jain as retail CEO
REUTERS - Bharti Enterprises, which agreed to call off a joint venture with Wal-Mart Stores Inc(WMT.N) in the country last October, named a former executive with the U.S. retailer to head its retail operations.
Raj Jain, who had last year joined the Bharti group as an adviser, was on Friday named chief executive officer of Bharti Retail, effective immediately, the New Delhi-based group said in a statement.
Jain headed Wal-Mart's Indian unit before leaving the company in June last year.
Bharti Retail also named Pankaj Madan as its chief financial officer (CFO). Madan previously worked as CFO of the Bharti-Wal-Mart wholesale joint venture.
Bharti Retail currently operates 212 retail stores in India.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy in New Delhi; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article