Credit Suisse overweight on India, bets on cyclicals
Reuters Market Eye - Credit Suisse says "overweight" on India, noting return on equity in the country could be at an "inflection point" after three consecutive months of upgrades in consensus earnings-per-share (EPS) forecasts.
Cyclicals could continue to outperform defensive stocks, adds the investment bank.
"We believe valuations, EPS revision trends, and rises in US bond yields and the ISM (Institute for Supply Management) suggest cyclicals could have further to outperform," Credit Suisse says in the report dated Thursday.
Its top picks in Asia ex-Japan portfolio include HCL Technologies Ltd (HCLT.NS), Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS), Tata Motors Ltd (TAMO.NS), Reliance Industries Ltd (RELI.NS), Sesa Sterlite Ltd (SESA.NS) and Cairn India Ltd (CAIL.NS).
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Computer spying malware uncovered with 'stealth' features - Symantec
- 'Hunger Games' tops U.S. box office with $123 million opening
- Celebrity song to aid fight against Africa Ebola crisis tops UK charts
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article