Credit Suisse overweight on India, bets on cyclicals
Reuters Market Eye - Credit Suisse says "overweight" on India, noting return on equity in the country could be at an "inflection point" after three consecutive months of upgrades in consensus earnings-per-share (EPS) forecasts.
Cyclicals could continue to outperform defensive stocks, adds the investment bank.
"We believe valuations, EPS revision trends, and rises in US bond yields and the ISM (Institute for Supply Management) suggest cyclicals could have further to outperform," Credit Suisse says in the report dated Thursday.
Its top picks in Asia ex-Japan portfolio include HCL Technologies Ltd (HCLT.NS), Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS), Tata Motors Ltd (TAMO.NS), Reliance Industries Ltd (RELI.NS), Sesa Sterlite Ltd (SESA.NS) and Cairn India Ltd (CAIL.NS).
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Apple's Cook: "I'm proud to be gay"
- UPDATE 1-Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Bike-riding U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Apple's Cook: "I'm proud to be gay"
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article