Credit Suisse overweight on India, bets on cyclicals
Reuters Market Eye - Credit Suisse says "overweight" on India, noting return on equity in the country could be at an "inflection point" after three consecutive months of upgrades in consensus earnings-per-share (EPS) forecasts.
Cyclicals could continue to outperform defensive stocks, adds the investment bank.
"We believe valuations, EPS revision trends, and rises in US bond yields and the ISM (Institute for Supply Management) suggest cyclicals could have further to outperform," Credit Suisse says in the report dated Thursday.
Its top picks in Asia ex-Japan portfolio include HCL Technologies Ltd (HCLT.NS), Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS), Tata Motors Ltd (TAMO.NS), Reliance Industries Ltd (RELI.NS), Sesa Sterlite Ltd (SESA.NS) and Cairn India Ltd (CAIL.NS).
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article