Series of bombs kills at least 14 people in the Iraqi capital
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Two car bombs and roadside bombs exploded in commercial areas of Baghdad on Sunday killing at least 14 people, police and medical sources said.
The deadliest attack took place in northern Baghdad's mainly Shi'ite district of Shaab where two car bombs went off killing at least nine people and wounding 25.
(Reporting by Kareem Raheem, Writing by Suadad al-Salhy; editing by Ralph Boulton)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
Former foreign minister Abdullah Abdullah has opened a lead in the Afghan presidential race, the latest official tally of votes released on Sunday showed, although half of the votes have yet to be counted. Full Article