Obama's birthday gift to wife: time alone in Hawaii
HONOLULU (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama is going to give his wife the birthday present that many parents can only dream of - time off, alone, without the children.
The White House said on Saturday first lady Michelle Obama would stay in Hawaii, where the family has been on vacation for the last two weeks, rather than return home with her husband and their two girls.
"As part of her birthday gift from the president, the first lady will remain in Hawaii to spend time with friends ahead of her upcoming 50th birthday," a White House official said.
The president was leaving Honolulu late on Saturday after a vacation that was filled with several games of golf and dinners out. He and his children are scheduled to arrive in Washington on Sunday morning.
(Reporting by Jeff Mason; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
Tracy Morgan incredulous that Wal-Mart blames him for accident injuries. Full Article