Xbox One sales top 3 million, no new Sony data
SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) said on Monday that sales of its new Xbox One game console topped three million at the end of last year after launching in November.
The third generation of the Xbox is competing head-to-head with Sony Corp's (6758.T) PlayStation 4, also launched in November. Sony said it had sold 2.1 million PS4s by the first week of December.
It will not be clear which company is leading the console battle until Sony updates that figure.
The sales of the new Xbox are in line with expectations, said Michael Pachter, an analyst at Wedbush Securities, who also estimates PlayStation sales around the 3 million mark.
Hot sales of both consoles have been a boon for Advance Micro Devices Inc (AMD.N), which developed or supplied chips for both devices. (Reporting by Bill Rigby and Malathi Nayak. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
Weibo Corp executives on Thursday toasted the Chinese social media firm's debut at Nasdaq's New York headquarters. Hours earlier in Beijing, Charles Xue, a Chinese-American venture capitalist and prominent Weibo user, celebrated a different kind of coming-out: his release after eight months in jail. Full Article
Tech workers seek to use Steve Jobs evidence in upcoming trial on no-hire accords Full Article