Apple reports $1 bln app sales in Dec, $10 billion for 2013
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Apple Inc (AAPL.O) said on Tuesday that its customers spent $1 billion on purchases in its applications store in December, leading to a total of $10 billion worth of apps sold in 2013.
Apple reported app downloads of almost 3 billion apps in December, making it a record month for its App Store, which offers 1 million apps for its iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices.
It competes with devices based on Google Inc's (GOOG.O) Android system and phones and tablets based on Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) software.
(Reporting by Sinead Carew; Editing by Bernadette Baum)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Analysis - Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors
- U.S. gasoline prices tumble on back of refinery cuts- Lundberg survey
- 'Lucy,' 'Hercules' beat expectations at U.S. weekend box offices
- U.S. diplomats' return to Libya could be more hazardous than exit
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
New Prime Minister Narendra Modi is facing criticism for remaining silent about incidents deemed anti-Muslim in the past week, underscoring fears that his Hindu nationalist followers will upset religious relations in the multi-faith nation. Full Article