Apple reports $1 bln app sales in Dec, $10 billion for 2013
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Apple Inc (AAPL.O) said on Tuesday that its customers spent $1 billion on purchases in its applications store in December, leading to a total of $10 billion worth of apps sold in 2013.
Apple reported app downloads of almost 3 billion apps in December, making it a record month for its App Store, which offers 1 million apps for its iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices.
It competes with devices based on Google Inc's (GOOG.O) Android system and phones and tablets based on Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) software.
(Reporting by Sinead Carew; Editing by Bernadette Baum)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets
- Justin Bieber apologizes after Japan shrine visit sparks Asian anger
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
- UPDATE 1-HBO strikes deal with Amazon to stream shows
- South Asia monsoon seen below-average to average in 2014 - WMO
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read