Amazon signs exclusive deal with CBS for "Extant"
REUTERS - Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) signed a deal allowing it to stream CBS Corp's (CBS.N) new science-fiction thriller series "Extant" four days after it is broadcast on television.
The show, starring Halle Berry, is about an astronaut, who comes home after spending a year alone in space, and tries to reconnect with her husband and son.
CBS will start screening the show in June and Amazon will be allowed to stream episodes four days later.
The exclusive service is free for subscribers to Amazon's Prime Instant Video program on Kindle and gaming platforms.
Amazon has similar deals with PBS for the British drama series "Downton Abbey".
The stock of both companies were flat in morning trade on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Chandni Doulatramani in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- UPDATE 3-Starbucks Americas sales disappoint on softer traffic
Samsung Electronics unveiled two new mid-tier handsets with a premium design as it prepared to deliver a riposte to its low-priced Chinese rivals and reclaim its title as the top brand in the world's biggest smartphone market. Full Article