Amazon signs exclusive deal with CBS for "Extant"
REUTERS - Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) signed a deal allowing it to stream CBS Corp's (CBS.N) new science-fiction thriller series "Extant" four days after it is broadcast on television.
The show, starring Halle Berry, is about an astronaut, who comes home after spending a year alone in space, and tries to reconnect with her husband and son.
CBS will start screening the show in June and Amazon will be allowed to stream episodes four days later.
The exclusive service is free for subscribers to Amazon's Prime Instant Video program on Kindle and gaming platforms.
Amazon has similar deals with PBS for the British drama series "Downton Abbey".
The stock of both companies were flat in morning trade on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Chandni Doulatramani in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack
- UPDATE 5-GM hires law firms it works with to probe recall response
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources
- Snowden: Proposed NSA reforms vindicate my data leaks |
- China deploys 10 satellites to help in search for Malaysia jet
Former security contractor Edward Snowden, addressing a sympathetic crowd at a tech-heavy event in Austin, Texas, on Monday from a secret location in Russia, said proposed reforms at the National Security Agency show that he was vindicated in leaking classified material. Full Article