Amazon signs exclusive deal with CBS for "Extant"
REUTERS - Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) signed a deal allowing it to stream CBS Corp's (CBS.N) new science-fiction thriller series "Extant" four days after it is broadcast on television.
The show, starring Halle Berry, is about an astronaut, who comes home after spending a year alone in space, and tries to reconnect with her husband and son.
CBS will start screening the show in June and Amazon will be allowed to stream episodes four days later.
The exclusive service is free for subscribers to Amazon's Prime Instant Video program on Kindle and gaming platforms.
Amazon has similar deals with PBS for the British drama series "Downton Abbey".
The stock of both companies were flat in morning trade on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Chandni Doulatramani in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- E-tailer Flipkart raises $1 billion in funding
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- ICC bans Moeen Ali from wearing 'Save Gaza' wristbands
U.S. surveillance programs are making it more difficult for government officials to speak to the press anonymously, two rights groups said on Monday. Full Article
With PlayStation network, Sony goes back to the future in search of revival Full Article
Analysis - Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors. Full Article