FIIs extend sales to third day in futures, shares
Reuters Market Eye - Overseas investors sold 13.29 billion rupees worth of index futures on Tuesday, leading to total sales of 23.34 billion rupees over the previous three sessions, exchange data shows.
Outstanding positions in index futures increased by 26,816 contracts on Tuesday, implying foreign investors created fresh short positions in Nifty futures and Bank Nifty futures, dealers say, citing exchange data.
Foreign investors also sold cash shares worth 5.67 billion rupees on Tuesday, totalling sales of 8.39 billion rupees since Thursday, regulatory and exchange data shows.
Analysts say foreign flows may remain volatile as some may book profits and churn allocations after Indian shares hit record high in December backed by over $20 billion worth of foreign buying in cash shares.
Events including October-December earnings, inflation data, central bank policy review in January are also keeping flows in check, dealers add.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Teen who stowed away on flight to Hawaii remains hospitalized
- REFILE-Divers feel with their hands for corpses in cold depths of South Korean ferry
- Comcast nears deal with Charter on $18-$20 bln in divestitures -source
- Rupee weakens past 61/dollar to one-month low
- Malaysia flight's co-pilot tried to make cellphone call - report