FIIs extend sales to third day in futures, shares
Reuters Market Eye - Overseas investors sold 13.29 billion rupees worth of index futures on Tuesday, leading to total sales of 23.34 billion rupees over the previous three sessions, exchange data shows.
Outstanding positions in index futures increased by 26,816 contracts on Tuesday, implying foreign investors created fresh short positions in Nifty futures and Bank Nifty futures, dealers say, citing exchange data.
Foreign investors also sold cash shares worth 5.67 billion rupees on Tuesday, totalling sales of 8.39 billion rupees since Thursday, regulatory and exchange data shows.
Analysts say foreign flows may remain volatile as some may book profits and churn allocations after Indian shares hit record high in December backed by over $20 billion worth of foreign buying in cash shares.
Events including October-December earnings, inflation data, central bank policy review in January are also keeping flows in check, dealers add.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- TCS, Mitsubishi to form software services company
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Supreme Court allows iron ore mining in Goa with upper limit of 20 million tonnes
Iron Ore Mining
Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff Full Article