Danske Bank's CEO sees app as competitive edge - paper
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Danske Bank (DANSKE.CO) holds a competitive edge because it is the only Nordic bank with a single technological platform, enabling it to distribute new services from one country to another, its chief executive said.
"We are planning to use the digital offering as our number one competitive edge in every direction," Thomas Borgen said in an interview in Finnish business daily Kauppalehti on Monday.
More than 920,000 Danes have downloaded the bank's mobile payment service MobilePay, which was launched in May 2013.
Borgen said he believes technology offers endless possibilities for a bank as cash is predicted to almost disappear within 5 to 10 years.
"We at Danske Bank must take a similar role to Steve Jobs' Apple (AAPL.O) in offering easy-to-use banking applications. The aim is to be the number one in Nordics," Borgen said.
Borgen reiterated that he expected a dividend could be paid this year.
(Reporting By Jussi Rosendahl, editing by Teis Jensen)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Turkish president rejects Facebook, YouTube ban over wiretaps
- UPDATE 1-"Everything is fine", Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
A Japanese American man thought to be the reclusive multi-millionaire father of Bitcoin emerged from a modest Southern California home and denied involvement with the digital currency before leading reporters on a freeway car chase to the local headquarters of the Associated Press. Full Article