Danske Bank's CEO sees app as competitive edge - paper
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Danske Bank (DANSKE.CO) holds a competitive edge because it is the only Nordic bank with a single technological platform, enabling it to distribute new services from one country to another, its chief executive said.
"We are planning to use the digital offering as our number one competitive edge in every direction," Thomas Borgen said in an interview in Finnish business daily Kauppalehti on Monday.
More than 920,000 Danes have downloaded the bank's mobile payment service MobilePay, which was launched in May 2013.
Borgen said he believes technology offers endless possibilities for a bank as cash is predicted to almost disappear within 5 to 10 years.
"We at Danske Bank must take a similar role to Steve Jobs' Apple (AAPL.O) in offering easy-to-use banking applications. The aim is to be the number one in Nordics," Borgen said.
Borgen reiterated that he expected a dividend could be paid this year.
(Reporting By Jussi Rosendahl, editing by Teis Jensen)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- California woman gets stuck in chimney trying to sneak into home
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
Apple Inc forecast a strong holiday quarter after a better-than-expected 16 percent jump in iPhone sales, and the strongest growth in Mac computer shipments in years helped the company surpass Wall Street's targets. Full Article | Related Story