EU says needs more concessions from Google within weeks in anti-trust probe
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union wants Google (GOOG.O) to come up with more concessions within weeks if it is to avoid formal charges in an investigation into alleged anti-competitive behaviour, a top official said on Wednesday.
EU Competition Commissioner Joaquin Almunia said he was still waiting to receive Google's response to his opinion that concessions offered so far by the internet search giant do not go far enough to address the EU's concerns.
"We need more and we need more not during the next year, we need more during the next weeks," he told a news conference.
(Reporting by Adrian Croft; editing by Luke Baker)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Miss America defends student suspended for asking her to prom
- UPDATE 3-Soccer-English premier league results and standings
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter
Americans with accounts on President Barack Obama’s health insurance enrollment website, HealthCare.gov, were advised that their passwords had been reset to guard against the "Heartbleed" bug, in a message posted on the site on Saturday. Full Article
Tech workers seek to use Steve Jobs evidence in upcoming trial on no-hire accords Full Article