Court dismisses citation against California woman who drove with Google Glass
SAN DIEGO (Reuters) - A San Diego court commissioner dismissed a traffic ticket on Thursday against a California woman who drove with Google Glass, a tiny computer mounted on an eyeglass frame.
Court Commissioner John Blair said he was dismissing the citation against Cecilia Abadie on the grounds there was no proof her Google Glass was operating when she was pulled over in October by a California Highway Patrol officer.
(Reporting by Marty Graham, Writing by Alex Dobuzinskis; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day
- Pakistani Islamists use floods to turn opinion against India
- Iraqi official briefs Syria's Assad on efforts against Islamic State
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
Tech Smart Farmers
Erratic weather, rising temperatures, declining water resources and labour shortages are threatening India's bread basket state of Haryana, forcing farmers to abandon age-old practices and adopt technology to ensure food supplies for millions. Full Article