Mahindra to halt production for up to 3 days in January
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd(MAHM.NS), India's largest utility vehicle maker, said it would halt production for up to three days this month at its automotive factories to align output with sales requirements.
"The management does not envisage any adverse impact on availability of vehicles in the market due to adequacy of vehicle stocks to serve the market requirements," the company said in a statement to the stock exchange on Saturday.
The Indian auto industry is facing a second year of falling sales as high interest rates and fuel costs keep a lid on consumer spending in a slowing economy.
(Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article