RBI aligns NBFC loan restructuring rules with banks
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said on Thursday that rules for restructuring loans by non-banking financial companies will be the same as those of banks.
The key provisions include that the relaxation or extension of commencement of projects will not amount to restructuring for infrastructure, non-infrastructure and corporate real estate projects, the Reserve Bank of India said in a statement.
The central bank also said a special classification benefit will be provided to corporate debt restructuring cases, including small and medium enterprises, until the end of March 2015.
(Reporting by Aditi Shah; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. drug regulator approves headband device to prevent migraines
- UPDATE 3-Republican Party wins Florida congressional seat in special election
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- Wild theories fill void left by missing Malaysian plane
- Up to $600,000 taken from Houston's Lakewood megachurch safe
Consumer inflation and industrial output data on Wednesday will likely offer little evidence of a respite from high inflation and weak economic growth before a general election that begins next month. Full Article