RBI aligns NBFC loan restructuring rules with banks
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said on Thursday that rules for restructuring loans by non-banking financial companies will be the same as those of banks.
The key provisions include that the relaxation or extension of commencement of projects will not amount to restructuring for infrastructure, non-infrastructure and corporate real estate projects, the Reserve Bank of India said in a statement.
The central bank also said a special classification benefit will be provided to corporate debt restructuring cases, including small and medium enterprises, until the end of March 2015.
(Reporting by Aditi Shah; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- More teams withdraw, Nepal's Everest season in jeopardy
- BJP eyes gains in south, east to cut clout of regional queens
- Met office rules out surplus monsoon in 2014
- RPT-Apple resets the clock as investors await next big thing
The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party was set to make gains in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal that began voting on Thursday in the sixth phase of a mammoth general election that could help it build a stable majority in parliament. Read | Full Coverage: Election 2014
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article