RBI aligns NBFC loan restructuring rules with banks
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said on Thursday that rules for restructuring loans by non-banking financial companies will be the same as those of banks.
The key provisions include that the relaxation or extension of commencement of projects will not amount to restructuring for infrastructure, non-infrastructure and corporate real estate projects, the Reserve Bank of India said in a statement.
The central bank also said a special classification benefit will be provided to corporate debt restructuring cases, including small and medium enterprises, until the end of March 2015.
(Reporting by Aditi Shah; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Analysis - Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors
- U.S. gasoline prices tumble on back of refinery cuts- Lundberg survey
- 'Lucy,' 'Hercules' beat expectations at U.S. weekend box offices
- U.S. diplomats' return to Libya could be more hazardous than exit
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
New Prime Minister Narendra Modi is facing criticism for remaining silent about incidents deemed anti-Muslim in the past week, underscoring fears that his Hindu nationalist followers will upset religious relations in the multi-faith nation. Full Article