Hindustan Unilever Q3 net profit up 22 pct, beats forecasts
MUMBAI Jan 27 (Reuters) - Hindustan Unilever Ltd's said on Monday its third-quarter net profit rose 22 percent year-on-year, beating analysts' forecasts, even as its sales lagged estimates.
The Indian unit of Anglo-Dutch Unilever Plc said in a statement on Monday it had made a net profit of 10.6 billion Indian rupees ($169.63 million) in the quarter ending Dec. 31 compared to a profit of 8.7 billion rupees in the same period a year ago.
Sales at India's largest manufacturer of household products and consumer goods rose 9.5 percent year-on-year to 70.4 billion rupees, slightly lower than estimates.
Analysts had expected a net profit of 9.3 billion rupees and net sales of 71.3 billion rupees for the quarter, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine Estimates.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle
- Putin says Russia wants to move to national currencies in trade
- China tells foreign countries not to meddle in Hong Kong
BACK IN JAIL
Subrata Roy, the jailed chief of India's Sahara conglomerate, is back in a cell after living in a makeshift prison office for two months as he tried to negotiate the sale of his luxury hotels, a jail official said. Full Article
Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle. Full Article
Diageo bars United Breweries from appointing independent director at United Spirits. Full Article