Hindustan Unilever Q3 net profit up 22 pct, beats forecasts
MUMBAI Jan 27 (Reuters) - Hindustan Unilever Ltd's said on Monday its third-quarter net profit rose 22 percent year-on-year, beating analysts' forecasts, even as its sales lagged estimates.
The Indian unit of Anglo-Dutch Unilever Plc said in a statement on Monday it had made a net profit of 10.6 billion Indian rupees ($169.63 million) in the quarter ending Dec. 31 compared to a profit of 8.7 billion rupees in the same period a year ago.
Sales at India's largest manufacturer of household products and consumer goods rose 9.5 percent year-on-year to 70.4 billion rupees, slightly lower than estimates.
Analysts had expected a net profit of 9.3 billion rupees and net sales of 71.3 billion rupees for the quarter, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine Estimates.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article