Hindustan Unilever Q3 net profit up 22 pct, beats forecasts
MUMBAI Jan 27 (Reuters) - Hindustan Unilever Ltd's said on Monday its third-quarter net profit rose 22 percent year-on-year, beating analysts' forecasts, even as its sales lagged estimates.
The Indian unit of Anglo-Dutch Unilever Plc said in a statement on Monday it had made a net profit of 10.6 billion Indian rupees ($169.63 million) in the quarter ending Dec. 31 compared to a profit of 8.7 billion rupees in the same period a year ago.
Sales at India's largest manufacturer of household products and consumer goods rose 9.5 percent year-on-year to 70.4 billion rupees, slightly lower than estimates.
Analysts had expected a net profit of 9.3 billion rupees and net sales of 71.3 billion rupees for the quarter, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine Estimates.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Air strikes hit Kobani as Kurdish peshmerga prepare to enter
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- SEBI piles pressure on Sahara to sell overseas hotels
- China expresses concern about Indian plan to build border posts
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article