Hindustan Unilever Q3 net profit up 22 pct, beats forecasts
MUMBAI Jan 27 (Reuters) - Hindustan Unilever Ltd's said on Monday its third-quarter net profit rose 22 percent year-on-year, beating analysts' forecasts, even as its sales lagged estimates.
The Indian unit of Anglo-Dutch Unilever Plc said in a statement on Monday it had made a net profit of 10.6 billion Indian rupees ($169.63 million) in the quarter ending Dec. 31 compared to a profit of 8.7 billion rupees in the same period a year ago.
Sales at India's largest manufacturer of household products and consumer goods rose 9.5 percent year-on-year to 70.4 billion rupees, slightly lower than estimates.
Analysts had expected a net profit of 9.3 billion rupees and net sales of 71.3 billion rupees for the quarter, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine Estimates.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
India's second-biggest private sector lender by assets on Tuesday reported a 20 percent rise in quarterly net profit, lagging estimates, due to higher tax expenses and provisioning for loan losses. Full Article | Quote
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article