Hindustan Unilever Q3 net profit up 22 pct, beats forecasts
MUMBAI Jan 27 (Reuters) - Hindustan Unilever Ltd's said on Monday its third-quarter net profit rose 22 percent year-on-year, beating analysts' forecasts, even as its sales lagged estimates.
The Indian unit of Anglo-Dutch Unilever Plc said in a statement on Monday it had made a net profit of 10.6 billion Indian rupees ($169.63 million) in the quarter ending Dec. 31 compared to a profit of 8.7 billion rupees in the same period a year ago.
Sales at India's largest manufacturer of household products and consumer goods rose 9.5 percent year-on-year to 70.4 billion rupees, slightly lower than estimates.
Analysts had expected a net profit of 9.3 billion rupees and net sales of 71.3 billion rupees for the quarter, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine Estimates.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA |
- Iraqi official briefs Syria's Assad on efforts against Islamic State
- Pakistani Islamists use floods to turn opinion against India
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
The electricity board in this Indian city has been instructed to avoid any power cuts and officials have been told to have their shoes polished and their shirts tucked in: Nothing has been left to chance for this week's visit by Chinese President Xi Jinping. Full Article
Climate smart farmers get tech savvy to save India's bread basket. Full Article