Flatulent cows start fire at German dairy farm - police
BERLIN Jan 27 (Reuters) - Methane gas from 90 flatulent cows exploded in a German farm shed on Monday, damaging the roof and injuring one of the animals, police said.
High levels of the gas had built up in the structure in the central German town of Rasdorf, then "a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames," the force said in a statement.
One cow was treated for burns, a police spokesman added. (Reporting by Erik Kirschbaum; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Russian military likely reluctant participants in Ukraine-US general
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- India blocks WTO deal on customs rules as deadline nears
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola