Seagate profit drops 13 pct as demand for hard-disk drives falls
REUTERS - Seagate Technology Plc (STX.O) reported a 13 percent decline in quarterly profit as demand fell for its hard-disk drives due to declining personal computer sales.
Net income fell to $428 million, or $1.24 per share in the second quarter ended December 27, from $492 million, or $1.30 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell to $3.53 billion from $3.67 billion.
Seagate and rival Western Digital Corp (WDC.O) are tapping into the growing demand for products that help store data in the cloud and reducing their dependence on personal computer hard drives as consumers shift to smartphones and tablets.
(Reporting By Lehar Maan in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source
- Rupee retreats from 7-month high as shares fall
- India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources
- WRAPUP 5-Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast-source
- Exports fall in February, may miss annual target
Former security contractor Edward Snowden, addressing a sympathetic crowd at a tech-heavy event in Austin, Texas, on Monday from a secret location in Russia, said proposed reforms at the National Security Agency show that he was vindicated in leaking classified material. Full Article