Svindal to carry Norway flag at opening ceremony
ROSA KHUTOR, Russia
ROSA KHUTOR, Russia (Reuters) - Olympic Super-G champion Aksel Lund Svindal will carry the Norwegian flag at Friday's Sochi Winter Games opening ceremony, he said on Wednesday.
"Proud and excited to carry the Norwegian flag at the opening ceremony here in Sochi. Thanks!!," Svindal, who also snatched silver and bronze in the downhill and giant slalom in Vancouver, wrote on his Twitter feed.
Svindal, 31, will be the first Alpine skier to carry the Norwegian flag at an Olympic opening ceremony.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot; Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kerry seeks Qatari, Turkish help to find Israeli soldier
- UPDATE 4-African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- UPDATE 3-Ugandan court overturns anti-gay law that halted Western aid
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling