Svindal to carry Norway flag at opening ceremony
ROSA KHUTOR, Russia
ROSA KHUTOR, Russia (Reuters) - Olympic Super-G champion Aksel Lund Svindal will carry the Norwegian flag at Friday's Sochi Winter Games opening ceremony, he said on Wednesday.
"Proud and excited to carry the Norwegian flag at the opening ceremony here in Sochi. Thanks!!," Svindal, who also snatched silver and bronze in the downhill and giant slalom in Vancouver, wrote on his Twitter feed.
Svindal, 31, will be the first Alpine skier to carry the Norwegian flag at an Olympic opening ceremony.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot; Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
- Celebrity hacking clouds Apple's upcoming product launch