News Corp reports lower revenue and profit
REUTERS - News Corp (NWSA.O) reported on Thursday a 4 percent decline in quarterly revenue, citing challenges at its Australian newspaper properties.
For the quarter ending December, the company said revenue was $2.24 billion, in line with analysts' estimates of $2.22 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net income fell to $151 million, or 26 cents per share from $1.4 billion or $2.42 per share.
(Reporting by Jennifer Saba in New York; Editing by David Gregorio)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- More teams withdraw, Nepal's Everest season in jeopardy
- BJP eyes gains in south, east to cut clout of regional queens
- Met office rules out surplus monsoon in 2014
- RPT-Apple resets the clock as investors await next big thing
Apple just bought itself some much-needed time. The company said it sold more iPhones in the March quarter than even the most bullish analysts had expected. It threw $30 billion more into a stock buyback programme. And profits grew 7 percent. Article | Video