News Corp reports lower revenue and profit
REUTERS - News Corp (NWSA.O) reported on Thursday a 4 percent decline in quarterly revenue, citing challenges at its Australian newspaper properties.
For the quarter ending December, the company said revenue was $2.24 billion, in line with analysts' estimates of $2.22 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net income fell to $151 million, or 26 cents per share from $1.4 billion or $2.42 per share.
(Reporting by Jennifer Saba in New York; Editing by David Gregorio)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulator questions Verizon plan to slow data speeds for some
- U.S. resupplies Israel with munitions as Gaza offensive rages
- Landslide near Pune kills 10, scores feared trapped
- Argentina credit story grows murkier as talks collapse
- Drew Barrymore's half-sister found dead in car near San Diego
On Wednesday, a Palo Alto-based startup, which is backed by investor Vinod Khosla, introduced a virtual-consult service called HealthTap Prime. Consumers can opt to pay $99 a month to text or video conference with a physician, online or via a smartphone. Full Article