News Corp reports lower revenue and profit
REUTERS - News Corp (NWSA.O) reported on Thursday a 4 percent decline in quarterly revenue, citing challenges at its Australian newspaper properties.
For the quarter ending December, the company said revenue was $2.24 billion, in line with analysts' estimates of $2.22 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net income fell to $151 million, or 26 cents per share from $1.4 billion or $2.42 per share.
(Reporting by Jennifer Saba in New York; Editing by David Gregorio)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- Thousands raised to buy car for Pennsylvania sniper's lookalike
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- WHO vaccines boss signs up as Ebola trial guinea pig
- UPDATE 10-Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones
Microsoft Corp reported higher-than-expected quarterly revenue, helped by stronger sales of its phones, Surface tablets and cloud-computing products for companies, while keeping its margins intact. Read
Google bolsters artificial intelligence efforts, partners with Oxford. Full Article
China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns. Full Article