News Corp reports lower revenue and profit
REUTERS - News Corp (NWSA.O) reported on Thursday a 4 percent decline in quarterly revenue, citing challenges at its Australian newspaper properties.
For the quarter ending December, the company said revenue was $2.24 billion, in line with analysts' estimates of $2.22 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net income fell to $151 million, or 26 cents per share from $1.4 billion or $2.42 per share.
(Reporting by Jennifer Saba in New York; Editing by David Gregorio)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indian economy warms in after-glow of Modi's triumph
- Catalina Island in California suffers damage from Hurricane Marie
- Takeda, Lilly lose bid to overturn $9 billion award for hiding cancer risk
- Tennis - Dream run over for Bellis as big guns advance
Apple Inc is working with Dutch chipmaker NXP Semiconductors NV to add secure near-field communications (NFC) technology into the next iPhone, which would enable the smartphone users to pay by touch, the Financial Times reported, citing people familiar with Apple's plans. Full Article
China's Tencent shuts messaging accounts after censorship rules - state media. Full Article