Sony sells 5.3 million Playstation consoles, exceeds full-year target
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp (6758.T) said it has sold 5.3 million Playstation 4 game consoles as of February 8, surpassing its full-year target ahead of its release in Japan next week.
Sony had said that it hoped to sell 5 million units by the end of March after releasing the Playstation 4 on November 29 in the United States, Western Europe and Latin America and rolling it out across other Asian countries since then.
The console will go on sale in Japan on February 22, the last country currently scheduled to handle the device.
Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) said in January that it had sold more than 3 million of its Xbox One console by the end of December after it was also released in late November.
(Reporting by Sophie Knight; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- U.S. Secret Service director resigns under fire
Apple Inc's new mobile operating system iOS8 is causing significant issues for some users who connect their phones to cars via Bluetooth, reports Apple news blog MacRumors, citing reports on Apple's Support forums and its own user forums. Full Article