Yanukovich tried to flee Ukraine - parliamentary speaker
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine's parliamentary speaker was quoted on Saturday as saying President Viktor Yanukovich had tried to board a plane to Russia but had been prevented from doing so and was now in the Donetsk region.
"He tried to get on a plane to Russia but border officials stopped him," Interfax news agency quoted Oleksander Turchynov, an opponent of Yanukovich, as saying. The report could not immediately be confirmed.
(Reporting By Timothy Heritage, Editing by Matt Robinson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ipca halts U.S. shipments from Ratlam plant after FDA finds violations
An Air Algerie flight crashed on Thursday en route from Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso to Algiers with 110 passengers on board, an Algerian aviation official said. Full Article
"Weeks or months" until Malaysian remains from MH17 can be returned home - PM. Full Article