NTPC falls to five-year low on electricity pricing rules
Reuters Market Eye - NTPC(NTPC.NS) shares slump as much as 11.2 percent, their lowest level since October 27, 2008, but Tata Power (TTPW.NS) and Adani Power (ADAN.NS) surge after the electricity regulator's ruling on pricing.
The Central Electricity Regulatory Commission on Sunday allowed Tata Power and Adani to raise tariffs, benefiting the two power producers.
But the impact for NTPC is seen as negative because the regulator has at the same time tightened incentives on capacity utilisation and tax treatments for the state-owned company, according to analysts.
At 12:20 p.m., NTPC shares down 11 percent, while Tata Power and Adani Power up 5 percent and 1 percent respectively.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. SEC to pay $30 million-plus in largest whistleblower award
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |
- US STOCKS-Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits six-week low on China fears, commodity prices
The finance ministry is increasingly optimistic that it can meet a tough fiscal deficit target, helped by a 12 percent decline in global crude oil prices since Prime Minister Narendra Modi took charge in May. Full Article