Czech Berdych through to second successive Dubai final
DUBAI (Reuters) - Tomas Berdych subdued Germany's Philipp Kohlschreiber 7-5 7-5 in the semi-finals of the Dubai Championships on Friday and will now face Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer in Saturday's final.
"I'm really pleased with the way I handled today because it was tough," Berdych said in a courtside interview.
"I just need to focus on myself, because I need to bring my best tennis tomorrow," added the world number six after reaching a second successive Dubai final.
Kohlschreiber served for the first set at 5-4 but Berdych then upped his game. Federer meets Djokovic later on Friday.
(Reporting by Matt Smith; editing by Justin Palmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- India hope to get boxer Sarita Devi's suspension reversed
- Motor racing-Caterham F1 factory closed, team's fate in the balance
Chelsea face the prospect of having Didier Drogba as their only fit striker for their visit to Manchester United on Sunday in what is usually one of the standout matches of the Premier League season. Full Article