Czech Berdych through to second successive Dubai final
DUBAI (Reuters) - Tomas Berdych subdued Germany's Philipp Kohlschreiber 7-5 7-5 in the semi-finals of the Dubai Championships on Friday and will now face Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer in Saturday's final.
"I'm really pleased with the way I handled today because it was tough," Berdych said in a courtside interview.
"I just need to focus on myself, because I need to bring my best tennis tomorrow," added the world number six after reaching a second successive Dubai final.
Kohlschreiber served for the first set at 5-4 but Berdych then upped his game. Federer meets Djokovic later on Friday.
(Reporting by Matt Smith; editing by Justin Palmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Analysis - Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors
- U.S. diplomats' return to Libya could be more hazardous than exit
- Australia approves Adani's $16 bln Carmichael coal project
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
- U.S. gasoline prices tumble on back of refinery cuts- Lundberg survey