Shares in Sahara Group's listed companies drop
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Sahara Housingfina Corp(SAHR.BO) and Sahara One Media and Entertainment Ltd(SAHM.BO) fall after Subrata Roy, head of Sahara conglomerate, turned himself in to police on Friday.
The Supreme Court had last week ordered his arrest for failing to appear at a hearing in a long-running dispute with the country's securities regulator.
Group's non-banking finance arm, Sahara Housingfina is down 3.5 percent, while Sahara One Media and Entertainment, which owns group television channels falls 0.2 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- UPDATE 5-Bike-riding U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article