Shares in Sahara Group's listed companies drop
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Sahara Housingfina Corp(SAHR.BO) and Sahara One Media and Entertainment Ltd(SAHM.BO) fall after Subrata Roy, head of Sahara conglomerate, turned himself in to police on Friday.
The Supreme Court had last week ordered his arrest for failing to appear at a hearing in a long-running dispute with the country's securities regulator.
Group's non-banking finance arm, Sahara Housingfina is down 3.5 percent, while Sahara One Media and Entertainment, which owns group television channels falls 0.2 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Alibaba in talks with Snapdeal to enter India - Economic Times
- Mars mission enters last lap; crucial test on Sept. 24
- After Obama speech, Islamic State wins new recruits in Syria - monitor
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
The United States said on Wednesday it will press Prime Minister Narendra Modi to end his blockage of a global trade pact when he visits Washington this month, something that could dampen the mood of a trip aimed at revitalizing strategic ties. Full Article
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article