Shares in Sahara Group's listed companies drop
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Sahara Housingfina Corp(SAHR.BO) and Sahara One Media and Entertainment Ltd(SAHM.BO) fall after Subrata Roy, head of Sahara conglomerate, turned himself in to police on Friday.
The Supreme Court had last week ordered his arrest for failing to appear at a hearing in a long-running dispute with the country's securities regulator.
Group's non-banking finance arm, Sahara Housingfina is down 3.5 percent, while Sahara One Media and Entertainment, which owns group television channels falls 0.2 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
- Woman isolated in NJ under Ebola rules tests negative
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Reuters Poll - India's growth pace to pick up as reforms draw investment
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article