Shares in Sahara Group's listed companies drop
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Sahara Housingfina Corp(SAHR.BO) and Sahara One Media and Entertainment Ltd(SAHM.BO) fall after Subrata Roy, head of Sahara conglomerate, turned himself in to police on Friday.
The Supreme Court had last week ordered his arrest for failing to appear at a hearing in a long-running dispute with the country's securities regulator.
Group's non-banking finance arm, Sahara Housingfina is down 3.5 percent, while Sahara One Media and Entertainment, which owns group television channels falls 0.2 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Controlling the message: Modi chooses state media
- RPT-Wall St Week Ahead-Beyond earnings, buybacks to give market support
- Microsoft plans to launch smartwatch within weeks: Forbes
- U.S. to issue new Ebola care guidelines, watch lists to shrink |
- China says it's hard to resume cyber security talks with U.S.
Four years ago a handful of people gathered in Airbus sales chief John Leahy's country house outside Toulouse and argued long into the evening over curry and cigars. Last weekend they met up again at a Parisian hotel for more haggling.The sum total of money discussed over these meals? About $40 billion at catalogue prices, and the bill was for 430 jets, all sold to the same airline -- IndiGo. Full Article
Companies look for more fairness as China eyes legal reforms at key meeting. Full Article