Oil India, ONGC to buy IOC stake at 220/share - source
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - State explorer Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC)(ONGC.NS) and Oil India(OILI.NS) will pay 220 rupees a share for their proposed 10 percent stake buy in state refiner Indian Oil Corp (IOC)(IOC.NS), a government source said.
ONGC and Oil India are likely to buy the stake next week, the source said on Thursday.
In January, a panel of ministers approved the 10 percent stake sale in IOC to help the cash-strapped government raise funds to narrow its budget deficit.
(Reporting by Nidhi Verma; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- UPDATE 2-Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses
- US STOCKS-Wall St turns lower after shooting at Canadian parliament
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article