Oil India, ONGC to buy IOC stake at 220/share - source
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - State explorer Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC)(ONGC.NS) and Oil India(OILI.NS) will pay 220 rupees a share for their proposed 10 percent stake buy in state refiner Indian Oil Corp (IOC)(IOC.NS), a government source said.
ONGC and Oil India are likely to buy the stake next week, the source said on Thursday.
In January, a panel of ministers approved the 10 percent stake sale in IOC to help the cash-strapped government raise funds to narrow its budget deficit.
(Reporting by Nidhi Verma; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Islamic State kills at least 25 Iraqi tribesmen near Ramadi - officials
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- Volunteer snow shovelers hit Buffalo streets as flooding fears rise |
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article