India seeks to sell stake in Axis Bank by month-end
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India is aiming to raise 30-40 billion rupees via the sale of a stake held by a state-run trust fund in Axis Bank (AXBK.NS) by month-end, Alok Tandon, joint secretary in the Department of Disinvestment said on Friday.
India holds a 20.7 percent stake in Axis Bank via a trust fund called Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (SUUTI).
Axis Bank shares were down 3.3 percent at 2:18 p.m, compared with a 0.8 percent fall in the broader Nifty.
(Reporting by Himank Sharma; Additional reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Anand Basuin NEW DELHI)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article