India seeks to sell stake in Axis Bank by month-end
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India is aiming to raise 30-40 billion rupees via the sale of a stake held by a state-run trust fund in Axis Bank (AXBK.NS) by month-end, Alok Tandon, joint secretary in the Department of Disinvestment said on Friday.
India holds a 20.7 percent stake in Axis Bank via a trust fund called Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (SUUTI).
Axis Bank shares were down 3.3 percent at 2:18 p.m, compared with a 0.8 percent fall in the broader Nifty.
(Reporting by Himank Sharma; Additional reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Anand Basuin NEW DELHI)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article