India seeks to sell stake in Axis Bank by month-end
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India is aiming to raise 30-40 billion rupees via the sale of a stake held by a state-run trust fund in Axis Bank (AXBK.NS) by month-end, Alok Tandon, joint secretary in the Department of Disinvestment said on Friday.
India holds a 20.7 percent stake in Axis Bank via a trust fund called Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (SUUTI).
Axis Bank shares were down 3.3 percent at 2:18 p.m, compared with a 0.8 percent fall in the broader Nifty.
(Reporting by Himank Sharma; Additional reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Anand Basuin NEW DELHI)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Fears for tough penalties grow as India cleans up business
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- No fear of deflation: Indian consumers respond to softer oil, food prices
- Giving pricey hepatitis drug to prisoners may be financially wise
- New Jerusalem find may shed light on Jewish revolt against Romans
India's biggest listed property company on Wednesday appealed for interim relief from a three-year ban from accessing capital markets by the regulator. Full Article