Rupee off one-week low on corporate flows
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is off one-week low as dealers cite corporate inflows. Pair last at 61.34/35 versus Thursday's close of 61.17/18 after rising to 61.55.
Dealers cite inflows from a large engineering company as well as from a software services company.
The pair is up 0.5 percent so far this week, on way to break two weeks of losses.
Reaction muted to WPI inflation easing to a nine-month low in February.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indian firms tool up for defence orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Chopra joins Tendulkar-owned team in new Indian league
- US STOCKS-Wall St to open up after jobless claims data; Jackson Hole ahead
- India to tighten up banking risk management - Jaitley
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Thursday that the government was working to tighten up risk management in the banking sector, responding to recent scandals that have raised doubts about lending practices at state banks. Full Article