Rupee off one-week low on corporate flows
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is off one-week low as dealers cite corporate inflows. Pair last at 61.34/35 versus Thursday's close of 61.17/18 after rising to 61.55.
Dealers cite inflows from a large engineering company as well as from a software services company.
The pair is up 0.5 percent so far this week, on way to break two weeks of losses.
Reaction muted to WPI inflation easing to a nine-month low in February.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance
- Balance of payments rises on robust dollar inflows
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time on Monday as blue-chips such as ICICI Bank gained after better-than-expected quarterly economic growth data. Full Article
Government urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines Full Article