Infosys inks applications development deal with Volvo
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Infosys (INFY.NS), India's second-biggest IT outsourcer by revenue, said on Monday it has won a multi-year contract from Volvo Cars (VOLVb.ST) to provide application development services for its global operations.
Infosys will provide applications to support multiple operations, including marketing and sales, customer service, manufacturing, product development and corporate functions, it said in a statement. No financial details of the deal were disclosed.
Infosys has suffered a string of disappointing earnings results after focusing on proprietary software at the expense of bread-and-butter outsourcing contracts.
(Reporting by Siddesh Mayenkar; Editing by David Goodman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- World holds its breath, mostly hoping Scots vote "No"
- Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Chinese hackers breach U.S. military contractors -Senate probe
- UPDATE 1-Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21 - report
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors, Senate probe finds
The Federal Reserve renewed its pledge to keep interest rates near zero for a "considerable time," but also indicated it could raise borrowing costs faster than expected when it starts moving. Article | Factbox
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article