Infosys inks applications development deal with Volvo
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Infosys (INFY.NS), India's second-biggest IT outsourcer by revenue, said on Monday it has won a multi-year contract from Volvo Cars (VOLVb.ST) to provide application development services for its global operations.
Infosys will provide applications to support multiple operations, including marketing and sales, customer service, manufacturing, product development and corporate functions, it said in a statement. No financial details of the deal were disclosed.
Infosys has suffered a string of disappointing earnings results after focusing on proprietary software at the expense of bread-and-butter outsourcing contracts.
(Reporting by Siddesh Mayenkar; Editing by David Goodman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- UPDATE 2-U.S. SEC adopts long-awaited reforms for money market funds
- UPDATE 5-TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Hamas tactics exact high toll in Israeli ground thrust
India will not support a trade facilitation protocol ahead of a July 31 deadline unless its concerns about subsidies are met, two senior government officials said on Wednesday, sticking to a hard line critics say could derail a landmark global trade deal. Full Article
Bullish on Indian equities, but gains seen 'less sharp'- Goldman Sachs Full Article
Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers Full Article
Honda's India unit to account for 25 pct of Asia Pacific sales by March 2017 - exec Full Article