Turkey has 30 days to enact ruling halting Twitter ban - source
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey's telecoms authority TIB has 30 days to implement or appeal a court ruling halting a block on access to Twitter (TWTR.N), a source in the office of Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan told Reuters on Wednesday.
TIB blocked access to Twitter on Friday as Erdogan battles a corruption scandal, in which a stream of anonymous postings purportedly revealing government wrongdoing have been posted on the social media platform.
(Reporting by Orhan Coskun; Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Nick Tattersall and Robin Pomeroy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
Samsung Electronics unveiled two new mid-tier handsets with a premium design as it prepared to deliver a riposte to its low-priced Chinese rivals and reclaim its title as the top brand in the world's biggest smartphone market. Full Article