Turkey has 30 days to enact ruling halting Twitter ban - source
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey's telecoms authority TIB has 30 days to implement or appeal a court ruling halting a block on access to Twitter (TWTR.N), a source in the office of Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan told Reuters on Wednesday.
TIB blocked access to Twitter on Friday as Erdogan battles a corruption scandal, in which a stream of anonymous postings purportedly revealing government wrongdoing have been posted on the social media platform.
(Reporting by Orhan Coskun; Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Nick Tattersall and Robin Pomeroy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tendulkar factor adds to pressure on Sindhu
- Leaders of Taiwan, China offer condolences for 48 dead in plane crash
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- TransAsia Airways stocks plunge after plane crashes in landing
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
Facebook's fast-growing mobile advertising business helped drive a 61 percent increase in revenue during the second quarter, beating Wall Street's financial targets and sending shares to a record-high in after-hours trading on Wednesday. Full Article