Turkey has 30 days to enact ruling halting Twitter ban - source
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey's telecoms authority TIB has 30 days to implement or appeal a court ruling halting a block on access to Twitter (TWTR.N), a source in the office of Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan told Reuters on Wednesday.
TIB blocked access to Twitter on Friday as Erdogan battles a corruption scandal, in which a stream of anonymous postings purportedly revealing government wrongdoing have been posted on the social media platform.
(Reporting by Orhan Coskun; Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Nick Tattersall and Robin Pomeroy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- UPDATE 4-NY says Ocwen backdated foreclosure letters, company shares slide
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports
- New Total boss must overhaul exploration strategy, pursue cost cuts
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at age 90
Smartphone users won't recognise the name B2X, but if your battery dies or your screen breaks, the odds are that the company will be working behind the scenes when you seek a repair. Full Article