Turkey has 30 days to enact ruling halting Twitter ban - source
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey's telecoms authority TIB has 30 days to implement or appeal a court ruling halting a block on access to Twitter (TWTR.N), a source in the office of Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan told Reuters on Wednesday.
TIB blocked access to Twitter on Friday as Erdogan battles a corruption scandal, in which a stream of anonymous postings purportedly revealing government wrongdoing have been posted on the social media platform.
(Reporting by Orhan Coskun; Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Nick Tattersall and Robin Pomeroy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
Apple Inc's new mobile operating system iOS8 is causing significant issues for some users who connect their phones to cars via Bluetooth, reports Apple news blog MacRumors, citing reports on Apple's Support forums and its own user forums. Full Article