Rally in mid-cap stocks can last, says Deutsche Bank
Reuters Market Eye - The rally in mid cap stocks, which have risen 30 percent since August, compared with a 19 percent rise in Sensex, can extend to catch up on significant underperformance it saw in last three years versus the large caps, Deutsche Bank says.
For graphic - link.reuters.com/xab97v
"Mid cap stocks tend to rally sharply when economic growth is expected to be at an inflection point. While the jury is still out on the pace of economic recovery, we believe that growth has bottomed, currency has stabilised and the twin deficits have shown a marked improvement," Deutsche Bank said in a report on Wednesday.
The bank flags Bharat Forge (BFRG.NS), Hindustan Petroleum Corp (HPCL.NS), Jain Irrigation Systems (JAIR.NS), LIC Housing Finance (LICH.NS), Shree Cement (SHCM.NS), Shriram Transport Finance (SRTR.NS) and Yes Bank (YESB.NS) as its top mid cap picks.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea sentences US citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labour
- UPDATE 3-Heineken confirms, rebuffs SABMiller bid
- Wall St Week Ahead - Fed change unlikely to blunt equities' appeal over bonds
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine - defence minister
- Liberia president sacks 10 officials told to return to fight Ebola
Xi's South Asia Visit
China will pledge to invest billions of dollars in India's rail network during a visit by President Xi Jinping this week, bringing more than diplomatic nicety to the neighbours' first summit since Narendra Modi became prime minister in May. Full Article | Video