Twitter to launch mobile advertising product for apps - report
REUTERS - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) plans to release a mobile-advertising product in the next few weeks that will allow app-makers to encourage downloads of their software, Bloomberg reported citing people familiar with the matter.
The format will lead users to the advertiser's page in a mobile app store where they can download the software, Bloomberg said.
There had been speculation that Twitter and other internet firms would try their hand at this sort of marketing, which has proven lucrative for Facebook (FB.O).
Twitter expects the app-install advertisements to attract advertisers in the e-commerce and gaming industries, according to Bloomberg.
Twitter representatives were not immediately available to comment.
(Reporting by Rohit T.K. and Narottam Medhora in Bangalore; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis
- Comedian Joan Rivers remains in serious condition at N.Y. hospital
- UPDATE 4-Iceland says eruption over, lifts all airspace restrictions
- UPDATE 2-U.S. slaps more sanctions on Iranian banks, firms
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
A judge on Friday lifted a suspension on her order directing Microsoft Corp to turn over a customer's emails stored overseas to U.S. prosecutors, but the software company said it would not release any emails while it appeals the ruling. Full Article
China's Tencent shuts messaging accounts after censorship rules - state media. Full Article
Data scientists are increasingly becoming important to the world's tech companies. Video