Twitter to launch mobile advertising product for apps - report
REUTERS - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) plans to release a mobile-advertising product in the next few weeks that will allow app-makers to encourage downloads of their software, Bloomberg reported citing people familiar with the matter.
The format will lead users to the advertiser's page in a mobile app store where they can download the software, Bloomberg said.
There had been speculation that Twitter and other internet firms would try their hand at this sort of marketing, which has proven lucrative for Facebook (FB.O).
Twitter expects the app-install advertisements to attract advertisers in the e-commerce and gaming industries, according to Bloomberg.
Twitter representatives were not immediately available to comment.
(Reporting by Rohit T.K. and Narottam Medhora in Bangalore; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Seven arrested internationally in $1.6 million StubHub fraud
- Seven arrests made in $1.6 million StubHub cyberfraud case |
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- TransAsia Airways stocks plunge after plane crashes in landing
- UPDATE 3-Ex-Jefferies trader gets 2 years in prison in fraud case
Facebook's fast-growing mobile advertising business helped drive a 61 percent increase in revenue during the second quarter, beating Wall Street's financial targets and sending shares to a record-high in after-hours trading on Wednesday. Full Article