Govt to consult RBI on easing gold import curbs - finance minister
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government will consider easing curbs on gold imports in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Finance Minister P. Chidambaram told a news conference on Monday.
India, which used to be the No. 1 buyer of gold before the government slapped a record 10 percent import tax and put in place other restrictions to cut ballooning trade deficit, has recently allowed five private banks to import the metal.
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Latest Obamacare legal knot won't be easy to untangle
- UPDATE 3-Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' -U.S. officials
- UPDATE 1-Netanyahu asks Kerry to help resume U.S. flights to Israel
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' - U.S. officials
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article