Air India seeks up to $50 million loan to part-fund Dreamliner buy
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Air India Ltd has sought bids from banks to finance up to $50 million for making pre-delivery payments for three Boeing Co (BA.N) 787 Dreamliner planes, according to a tender document released on the state-run carrier's website on Wednesday.
The company said it was scheduled to take delivery of the planes between June and November.
Air India has 27 Dreamliner planes on order and has taken delivery of 13.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kerry seeks Qatari, Turkish help to find Israeli soldier
- UPDATE 4-African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- UPDATE 3-Ugandan court overturns anti-gay law that halted Western aid
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling
Prime Minister Narendra Modi came to office with a reputation as a business-friendly leader ready to open up one of the world's biggest markets and sweep away the remnants of the country's socialist past. Full Article