Air India seeks up to $50 million loan to part-fund Dreamliner buy
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Air India Ltd has sought bids from banks to finance up to $50 million for making pre-delivery payments for three Boeing Co (BA.N) 787 Dreamliner planes, according to a tender document released on the state-run carrier's website on Wednesday.
The company said it was scheduled to take delivery of the planes between June and November.
Air India has 27 Dreamliner planes on order and has taken delivery of 13.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
- Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Russia's Putin looking at cooperation to fight Islamic State - agency
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
The finance ministry is increasingly optimistic that it can meet a tough fiscal deficit target, helped by a 12 percent decline in global crude oil prices since Prime Minister Narendra Modi took charge in May. Full Article