China tells banks to manage bad loans, stress tests planned - paper
SHANGHAI, April 4
SHANGHAI, April 4 (Reuters) - The China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) has told banks to step up controls on bad loans and strengthen their balance sheets, the Shanghai Securities News reported on Friday, citing an internal document sent to the banks in March.
The CBRC said banks should also watch out on their bad loan ratio and that the commission will soon launch stress tests in various regions, the paper said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits