China tells banks to manage bad loans, stress tests planned - paper
SHANGHAI, April 4
SHANGHAI, April 4 (Reuters) - The China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) has told banks to step up controls on bad loans and strengthen their balance sheets, the Shanghai Securities News reported on Friday, citing an internal document sent to the banks in March.
The CBRC said banks should also watch out on their bad loan ratio and that the commission will soon launch stress tests in various regions, the paper said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- RBI says all companies must apply 2-step payments for credit cards
- First trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine cross back into Russia
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal