Indian markets closed on Tuesday for public holiday
Indian markets are closed on Tuesday for a public holiday. Trading will resume on Wednesday.
The partially convertible rupee closed at 60.11/12 per dollar on Monday compared with its close of 60.08/60.09 on Friday.
The benchmark Sensex fell 0.07 percent, or 16.05 points, to end at 22,343.45, its lowest close since March 28. The broader Nifty rose 0.01 percent, or 0.70 points, to end at 6,695.05.
The benchmark 10-year bond yield ended up 3 basis points at 9.10 percent.
The benchmark five-year swap rate closed down 1 bp at 8.60 percent, while the one-year rate ended unchanged at 8.65 percent.
(Mumbai markets team)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kerry seeks Qatari, Turkish help to find Israeli soldier
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- UPDATE 4-African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling
- Nine reasons why India's WTO veto shocked the world