Amazon to buy digital comic book publisher comiXology
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) will buy New York-based digital comic book publisher comiXology for an undisclosed sum to beef up its entertainment content.
The deal, announced on Thursday, is expected to close in the second quarter.
ComiXology, which makes one of the top grossing apps for Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) iPad tablet, was founded in 2007. The acquisition comes as e-commerce company expands its slate of scripted shows and video games. Last week, it launched the Fire TV video streaming device.
(Reporting by Deepa Seetharaman; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- RBI says all companies must apply 2-step payments for credit cards
- First trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine cross back into Russia
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal
Suppliers to Apple are scrambling to get enough screens ready for the new iPhone 6 as the need to redesign a key component disrupted panel production ahead of next month's expected launch, supply chain sources said. Full Article
Xiaomi ordered sapphire glass for limited edition phone - S.Korea newspaper. Full Article
Qualcomm will strive for resolution to China anti-trust probe-regulator. Full Article