Amazon to buy digital comic book publisher comiXology
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) will buy New York-based digital comic book publisher comiXology for an undisclosed sum to beef up its entertainment content.
The deal, announced on Thursday, is expected to close in the second quarter.
ComiXology, which makes one of the top grossing apps for Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) iPad tablet, was founded in 2007. The acquisition comes as e-commerce company expands its slate of scripted shows and video games. Last week, it launched the Fire TV video streaming device.
(Reporting by Deepa Seetharaman; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Google executive sets new stratosphere skydive world record
- Wall Street finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Former Cream frontman Jack Bruce dies aged 71
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
A skydiving Google executive is safely back on Earth after jumping out of a giant balloon floating in the stratosphere more than 25 miles (40 km) above New Mexico, a feat that broke the sound barrier and shattered a world altitude record. Full Article
Google bolsters artificial intelligence efforts, partners with Oxford. Full Article