Amazon to buy digital comic book publisher comiXology
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) will buy New York-based digital comic book publisher comiXology for an undisclosed sum to beef up its entertainment content.
The deal, announced on Thursday, is expected to close in the second quarter.
ComiXology, which makes one of the top grossing apps for Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) iPad tablet, was founded in 2007. The acquisition comes as e-commerce company expands its slate of scripted shows and video games. Last week, it launched the Fire TV video streaming device.
(Reporting by Deepa Seetharaman; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
- Sensex, Nifty hit record highs, shrug off Fed's hawkish tone
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Hundreds of Iraqi tribesmen opposed to Islamic State found in mass graves
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Thursday said it would revamp its smartphone line-up to take on competitors in the rapidly growing mid-to-low range segment, after third-quarter earnings set it on course for its worst year since 2011. Full Article
Nintendo to develop "quality of life" device to track sleep, fatigue - CEO. Full Article
With selfies and listicles, U.S. politicians go vote-hunting on social media. Full Article