Amazon to buy digital comic book publisher comiXology
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) will buy New York-based digital comic book publisher comiXology for an undisclosed sum to beef up its entertainment content.
The deal, announced on Thursday, is expected to close in the second quarter.
ComiXology, which makes one of the top grossing apps for Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) iPad tablet, was founded in 2007. The acquisition comes as e-commerce company expands its slate of scripted shows and video games. Last week, it launched the Fire TV video streaming device.
(Reporting by Deepa Seetharaman; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
- Celebrity hacking clouds Apple's upcoming product launch
India's Smartphone Wars
Baidu boosts location-based platform with new services, $10 mln investment Full Article