Amazon to buy digital comic book publisher comiXology
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) will buy New York-based digital comic book publisher comiXology for an undisclosed sum to beef up its entertainment content.
The deal, announced on Thursday, is expected to close in the second quarter.
ComiXology, which makes one of the top grossing apps for Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) iPad tablet, was founded in 2007. The acquisition comes as e-commerce company expands its slate of scripted shows and video games. Last week, it launched the Fire TV video streaming device.
(Reporting by Deepa Seetharaman; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Computer spying malware uncovered with 'stealth' features - Symantec
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- 'Hunger Games' tops U.S. box office with $123 million opening
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'
The European Parliament is preparing a non-binding resolution that proposes splitting Google Inc's search engine operations in Europe from the rest of its business as one possible option to rein in the Internet company’s dominance. Full Article
Samsung files ITC complaint to block Nvidia chips from U.S. - Bloomberg. Full Article