Industrial output shrinks 1.9 percent in Feb - govt
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Industrial production unexpectedly shrank 1.9 percent year-on-year in February, government data showed on Friday.
Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast an annual growth of 0.9 percent in output. The growth in January's output was revised up to about 0.8 percent on year from 0.1 percent earlier.
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Computer spying malware uncovered with 'stealth' features - Symantec
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
- Pope declares sainthood of two Indians, four Italians
- Iran, powers set to miss nuclear talks deadline, seek extension
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article