Industrial output shrinks 1.9 percent in Feb - govt
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Industrial production unexpectedly shrank 1.9 percent year-on-year in February, government data showed on Friday.
Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast an annual growth of 0.9 percent in output. The growth in January's output was revised up to about 0.8 percent on year from 0.1 percent earlier.
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Ukraine steelmen hold their ground as frontline marches towards port
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article