Industrial output shrinks 1.9 percent in Feb - govt
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Industrial production unexpectedly shrank 1.9 percent year-on-year in February, government data showed on Friday.
Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast an annual growth of 0.9 percent in output. The growth in January's output was revised up to about 0.8 percent on year from 0.1 percent earlier.
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Controlling the message: Modi chooses state media
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Microsoft plans to launch smartwatch within weeks: Forbes
- Sensex surges nearly 300 points on energy reforms, state elections
The BSE Sensex surges nearly 300 points and the Nifty gains 90 points after the government's energy reforms lead to a rally in energy firms, while wins by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's party in two state elections raise expectations for additional reforms. Full Article