Market Eye Weekahead - Breather likely for record-setting Sensex
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex could pause for breath after a record-setting rally as quarterly earnings reports, inflation data and the continued five-week long elections breed caution.
Software stocks are on watch with Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) kicking off March-quarter earnings season on Tuesday, followed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS.NS) on Wednesday. Wipro (WIPR.NS) and HCL Technologies report on Thursday.
Index heavyweight Reliance Industries (RELI.NS) is due to post its results on Friday. India's consumer inflation rate is forecast to have edged up slightly to 8.19 percent in March due to higher food prices. Data after the close of markets on Friday showed industrial output in February unexpectedly shrank 1.9 percent from a year earlier.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Muslim men over 50 pray at Jerusalem's Aqsa mosque amid tight security
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article