Market Eye Weekahead - Breather likely for record-setting Sensex
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex could pause for breath after a record-setting rally as quarterly earnings reports, inflation data and the continued five-week long elections breed caution.
Software stocks are on watch with Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) kicking off March-quarter earnings season on Tuesday, followed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS.NS) on Wednesday. Wipro (WIPR.NS) and HCL Technologies report on Thursday.
Index heavyweight Reliance Industries (RELI.NS) is due to post its results on Friday. India's consumer inflation rate is forecast to have edged up slightly to 8.19 percent in March due to higher food prices. Data after the close of markets on Friday showed industrial output in February unexpectedly shrank 1.9 percent from a year earlier.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- China's rate-cut likely to hurt banks, curb new loans to small borrowers
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Hitler watercolour fetches 130,000 euros at Nuremberg auction
- Obama to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article