Market Eye Weekahead - Breather likely for record-setting Sensex
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex could pause for breath after a record-setting rally as quarterly earnings reports, inflation data and the continued five-week long elections breed caution.
Software stocks are on watch with Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) kicking off March-quarter earnings season on Tuesday, followed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS.NS) on Wednesday. Wipro (WIPR.NS) and HCL Technologies report on Thursday.
Index heavyweight Reliance Industries (RELI.NS) is due to post its results on Friday. India's consumer inflation rate is forecast to have edged up slightly to 8.19 percent in March due to higher food prices. Data after the close of markets on Friday showed industrial output in February unexpectedly shrank 1.9 percent from a year earlier.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- UPDATE 7-Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article