Market Eye Weekahead - Breather likely for record-setting Sensex
Reuters Market Eye - The Sensex could pause for breath after a record-setting rally as quarterly earnings reports, inflation data and the continued five-week long elections breed caution.
Software stocks are on watch with Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) kicking off March-quarter earnings season on Tuesday, followed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS.NS) on Wednesday. Wipro (WIPR.NS) and HCL Technologies report on Thursday.
Index heavyweight Reliance Industries (RELI.NS) is due to post its results on Friday. India's consumer inflation rate is forecast to have edged up slightly to 8.19 percent in March due to higher food prices. Data after the close of markets on Friday showed industrial output in February unexpectedly shrank 1.9 percent from a year earlier.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- UPDATE 4-NY says Ocwen backdated foreclosure letters, company shares slide
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports
- New Total boss must overhaul exploration strategy, pursue cost cuts
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article