Microsoft's Xbox One sales cross 5 million
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp has sold over 5 million Xbox One video game consoles to retailers since its launch in November, the company said on Thursday.
In January, the U.S. software company said Xbox One sales had crossed three million as of the end of 2013.
The console went on sale on Nov. 22 in 13 countries, including the United States, United Kingdom and Australia, a week before rival Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 was released.
Sony said on Wednesday it sold over 7 million PlayStation 4 units as of April 6 and is struggling to keep up with consumer demand.
(Reporting by Malathi Nayak. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Blind enormously proud to be a Red Devil
- India says Pakistan border clashes "extremely serious and provocative"
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Alibaba aims to launch share sale in early September-source
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions
A judge on Friday lifted a suspension on her order directing Microsoft Corp to turn over a customer's emails stored overseas to U.S. prosecutors, but the software company said it would not release any emails while it appeals the ruling. Full Article
China's Tencent shuts messaging accounts after censorship rules - state media. Full Article
Data scientists are increasingly becoming important to the world's tech companies. Video