DLF slides 3 percent, underperforms rivals
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in DLF, India's biggest real estate developer, fell 2.99 percent, sharply under-performing a 0.4 percent gain in the Nifty and posting their sixth decline in the past seven sessions.
Traders say DLF is being hit by perceptions of its ties with the ruling Congress party, which is trailing badly in polls ahead of elections concluding next month.
"I would say DLF has been falling on some perceptions of political connections to Congress and the company's lingering debt burden," said G. Chokkalingam, founder of research and fund advisory company Equinomics.
A DLF spokesman declined to comment. "As per our company policy, we do not comment on market speculation."
DLF has lost around 13.7 percent so far in April, far underperforming rivals. For graphic, click link.reuters.com/reb78v
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Aditi Shah; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article