Credit Suisse upgrades Mahindra & Mahindra to 'outperform'
Reuters Market Eye - Credit Suisse upgrades Mahindra and Mahindra(M&M) to "outperform" from "neutral," saying its four-wheeler autos and commercial vehicles will benefit from even a short-lived economic recovery, while the auto-maker has "undemanding valuations."
The investment bank still has Maruti Suzuki India Ltd as its preferred pick saying it had done "an excellent job of maintaining its marketshare and stands out on all parameters needed to succeed in India."
However, Credit Suisse downgrades Tata Motors Ltd to "neutral" from "outperform" saying unit Jaguar Land Rover could see muted volume growth in the near term, in part as Evoque sales slow down.
The investment bank says it remains concerned about the two-wheeler market given the deterioration of pricing power.
M&M closed 1.24 percent higher, while Tata Motors lost 0.9 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Russian military likely reluctant participants in Ukraine-US general
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article