Credit Suisse upgrades Mahindra & Mahindra to 'outperform'
Reuters Market Eye - Credit Suisse upgrades Mahindra and Mahindra(M&M) to "outperform" from "neutral," saying its four-wheeler autos and commercial vehicles will benefit from even a short-lived economic recovery, while the auto-maker has "undemanding valuations."
The investment bank still has Maruti Suzuki India Ltd as its preferred pick saying it had done "an excellent job of maintaining its marketshare and stands out on all parameters needed to succeed in India."
However, Credit Suisse downgrades Tata Motors Ltd to "neutral" from "outperform" saying unit Jaguar Land Rover could see muted volume growth in the near term, in part as Evoque sales slow down.
The investment bank says it remains concerned about the two-wheeler market given the deterioration of pricing power.
M&M closed 1.24 percent higher, while Tata Motors lost 0.9 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Bharti Airtel Q2 net profit doubles as India market turns corner
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article