Credit Suisse upgrades Mahindra & Mahindra to 'outperform'
Reuters Market Eye - Credit Suisse upgrades Mahindra and Mahindra(M&M) to "outperform" from "neutral," saying its four-wheeler autos and commercial vehicles will benefit from even a short-lived economic recovery, while the auto-maker has "undemanding valuations."
The investment bank still has Maruti Suzuki India Ltd as its preferred pick saying it had done "an excellent job of maintaining its marketshare and stands out on all parameters needed to succeed in India."
However, Credit Suisse downgrades Tata Motors Ltd to "neutral" from "outperform" saying unit Jaguar Land Rover could see muted volume growth in the near term, in part as Evoque sales slow down.
The investment bank says it remains concerned about the two-wheeler market given the deterioration of pricing power.
M&M closed 1.24 percent higher, while Tata Motors lost 0.9 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Ukraine steelmen hold their ground as frontline marches towards port
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article