Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jodie Foster has married her girlfriend, the photographer Alexandra Hedison, a representative for the Oscar-winning actress said on Wednesday.
E! News, which first reported the marriage, said the couple wed over the past weekend.
The notoriously private Foster, 51, first acknowledged publicly that she is gay during a televised speech at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards, and referred to her "ex-partner in love" Cydney Bernard, with whom she has two sons.
She joked at the time that "I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age."
Hedison, 44, who had dated comedian Ellen DeGeneres about a decade ago, is also an actress. She appeared most recently in the former Showtime series "The L Word."
(Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Editing by Piya Sinha-Roy and Grant McCool)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- LAPD investigates complaint from detained 'Django' actress
- Iran says it rebuffed US invitation to join anti-Islamic State coalition
- Alibaba to boost IPO size on "overwhelming" demand - sources
TORONTO FILM FESTIVAL
"The Imitation Game," a biopic about British mathematician and World War Two code-breaker Alan Turing, won the top prize at the Toronto International Film Festival. Full Article