Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jodie Foster has married her girlfriend, the photographer Alexandra Hedison, a representative for the Oscar-winning actress said on Wednesday.
E! News, which first reported the marriage, said the couple wed over the past weekend.
The notoriously private Foster, 51, first acknowledged publicly that she is gay during a televised speech at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards, and referred to her "ex-partner in love" Cydney Bernard, with whom she has two sons.
She joked at the time that "I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age."
Hedison, 44, who had dated comedian Ellen DeGeneres about a decade ago, is also an actress. She appeared most recently in the former Showtime series "The L Word."
(Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Editing by Piya Sinha-Roy and Grant McCool)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Insight - As Ukraine forces gain in east, focus of German diplomacy shifts
- US STOCKS-Wall St to open up after jobless claims data; Jackson Hole ahead
- Landslides hit Japan's Hiroshima, killing at least 36 |
“Katiyabaaz” takes a compelling look at an enormous problem, and transforms the mundane, all-too-familiar reality of India’s power crisis into a gripping tale of Indian ingenuity and battle for survival. The movie releases on Friday; watch it if stark reality on celluloid does not leave you feeling bored, short-changed or overwhelmed, writes Anupriya Kumar. Review