Worries over sales weigh on Hindustan Unilever shares
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of Hindustan Unilever (HLL.NS) fall 1.4 percent after the company's sales volume growth in the March quarter came in at 3 percent, lagging analyst estimates of 4-5 percent, dealers say.
The company's sales growth stayed muted for the eighth straight quarter, hurt by a sluggish economy. India's largest consumer goods maker said it did not expect a demand recovery in the near-term.
Dealers expect Hindustan Unilever's margins to remain flat as input costs and royalty rates inch up.
Hindustan Unilever shares have gained 0.4 percent so far this year as of Monday's close, well below the 6.7 percent rise in the broader Nifty.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- India hope to get boxer Sarita Devi's suspension reversed
- Motor racing-Caterham F1 factory closed, team's fate in the balance
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article