Worries over sales weigh on Hindustan Unilever shares
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of Hindustan Unilever (HLL.NS) fall 1.4 percent after the company's sales volume growth in the March quarter came in at 3 percent, lagging analyst estimates of 4-5 percent, dealers say.
The company's sales growth stayed muted for the eighth straight quarter, hurt by a sluggish economy. India's largest consumer goods maker said it did not expect a demand recovery in the near-term.
Dealers expect Hindustan Unilever's margins to remain flat as input costs and royalty rates inch up.
Hindustan Unilever shares have gained 0.4 percent so far this year as of Monday's close, well below the 6.7 percent rise in the broader Nifty.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Alibaba in talks with Snapdeal to enter India - Economic Times
- Mars mission enters last lap; crucial test on Sept. 24
- After Obama speech, Islamic State wins new recruits in Syria - monitor
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
The United States said on Wednesday it will press Prime Minister Narendra Modi to end his blockage of a global trade pact when he visits Washington this month, something that could dampen the mood of a trip aimed at revitalizing strategic ties. Full Article
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article