Worries over sales weigh on Hindustan Unilever shares
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of Hindustan Unilever (HLL.NS) fall 1.4 percent after the company's sales volume growth in the March quarter came in at 3 percent, lagging analyst estimates of 4-5 percent, dealers say.
The company's sales growth stayed muted for the eighth straight quarter, hurt by a sluggish economy. India's largest consumer goods maker said it did not expect a demand recovery in the near-term.
Dealers expect Hindustan Unilever's margins to remain flat as input costs and royalty rates inch up.
Hindustan Unilever shares have gained 0.4 percent so far this year as of Monday's close, well below the 6.7 percent rise in the broader Nifty.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article