Nomura raises Ranbaxy to 'buy' on Sun takeover
Reuters Market Eye - Ranbaxy Laboratories (RANB.NS) gains 0.2 percent to 481 rupees after Nomura upgrades the stock to "buy" from "reduce" and raises its target price to 543 rupees from 321 rupees on the back of its takeover by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS).
Although Nomura says Ranbaxy shares look expensive on valuation, it notes the stock should now move in tandem with Sun Pharma, hence the steep increase in its target price.
Ranbaxy shares are trading well above the Sun offer that valued the takeover target at 457 rupees apiece.
Sun is trading 0.1 percent higher at 637.30 rupees.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article