Nomura raises Ranbaxy to 'buy' on Sun takeover
Reuters Market Eye - Ranbaxy Laboratories (RANB.NS) gains 0.2 percent to 481 rupees after Nomura upgrades the stock to "buy" from "reduce" and raises its target price to 543 rupees from 321 rupees on the back of its takeover by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS).
Although Nomura says Ranbaxy shares look expensive on valuation, it notes the stock should now move in tandem with Sun Pharma, hence the steep increase in its target price.
Ranbaxy shares are trading well above the Sun offer that valued the takeover target at 457 rupees apiece.
Sun is trading 0.1 percent higher at 637.30 rupees.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
- Sensex, Nifty hit record highs, shrug off Fed's hawkish tone
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Hundreds of Iraqi tribesmen opposed to Islamic State found in mass graves
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article