Nomura raises Ranbaxy to 'buy' on Sun takeover
Reuters Market Eye - Ranbaxy Laboratories (RANB.NS) gains 0.2 percent to 481 rupees after Nomura upgrades the stock to "buy" from "reduce" and raises its target price to 543 rupees from 321 rupees on the back of its takeover by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS).
Although Nomura says Ranbaxy shares look expensive on valuation, it notes the stock should now move in tandem with Sun Pharma, hence the steep increase in its target price.
Ranbaxy shares are trading well above the Sun offer that valued the takeover target at 457 rupees apiece.
Sun is trading 0.1 percent higher at 637.30 rupees.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article