Nomura raises Ranbaxy to 'buy' on Sun takeover
Reuters Market Eye - Ranbaxy Laboratories (RANB.NS) gains 0.2 percent to 481 rupees after Nomura upgrades the stock to "buy" from "reduce" and raises its target price to 543 rupees from 321 rupees on the back of its takeover by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUN.NS).
Although Nomura says Ranbaxy shares look expensive on valuation, it notes the stock should now move in tandem with Sun Pharma, hence the steep increase in its target price.
Ranbaxy shares are trading well above the Sun offer that valued the takeover target at 457 rupees apiece.
Sun is trading 0.1 percent higher at 637.30 rupees.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article